Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mom/Educator/Circus Coordinator

Being a stay at home mom has its highs and its lows. Everyday is unique everyday is special. I am the Mother to two beautiful girls that have given me purpose especially during this economic down time. If someone had told me 7 years ago when I was graduating from Chico State that my straight and narrow quick leap through "party school central" would land me as a stay at home mom I would have just laughed. In my 4 years of college, I not only survived an abusive relationship that almost took my life and left me with a bounty on my head in my home town, but managed to stay on track and then conquer thyroid cancer that was 1 millimeter from breaking out and spreading into my body. 


Chico State has been known for being one of the top 5 party schools each year and yes, I partook in some classic Chico State events (i.e.. School soccer games, a few Frat parties, and the renown Halloween craze) but despite that, I finished my B.A. in 4 years, majored in Liberal Studies, minored in Special Education and volunteered in over 100 hours of aid time at local elementary schools! My goal was to be a MASTER Teacher! I want(ed) to be the teacher known for changing education, to inspire and turn on some of the hardest to reach students! Well seven years later I have my multiple subject credentials in Elementary Education in two states and a Masters in Education but uhh...no job...schools are closing all around me and I can't even get my foot in the door as a substitute teacher! 


So, what have I done with my time? I have been blessed with two little girls, Malia four and Zoey seven months and my 30th birthday is breathing down my neck in less than two months! So this blog is about the many hats I wear as a mother and how I am going to change education through my children! Maybe one day a school will recognize my talents and give me a chance to have an impact other children. 


Until then... I will be trying to give my children what they deserve and what I went to school to do, a better education. I plan on doing this by leading them by example, inspiring by experience, and learning to accept what life hands us one step at a time. Which, as many of you  know, your own children do not always make the best student(i.e. the listening factor). Children are a Mother's predator, they can sense your fear, your exhaustion, and know just when to pounce! I know that during the nine months in my belly they got all the internal information of how Mom ticks, which is why I am convinced they behave better for Dad. :) 


While it does not take them long to figure you out, it will take you a lifetime to understand their every nuance but it is the journey of love, attention and constant learning that will help you to become the best Mom/Educator/ Circus Coordinator you can become. So follow along with this Ring Leader and "LET THE SHOW BEGIN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment